Book a Speaker or Workshop
Due to COVID-19 all speaking/facilitation is virtual.
CCWS IS NOT CONDUCTING SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS UNTIL JANUARY 2022. You can submit now for the 2022 year.
CCWS does not provide speakers/facilitators for child protection agencies. Child protection workers can refer children and youth to CCWS to participate in our programming.
CCWS provides talks and workshops related to child welfare. As of now the topics we engage are:
- Understanding Child Welfare (General Lens)
- Rights in Child Welfare?
- Colonization, Decolonization, and Abolition in Child Welfare
- AntiBlack Racism and Misogynoir
- Homophobia and Transphobia
- Ableism, Sanism, and AntiBlack Sanism
- Immigration, Deportations, and Child Welfare
- Ethical and Harmful Research on Child Welfare Survivors
- Tokenizing vs Critical Youth Centreing
- Problems and Impact Racial Displacement in Placement (foster/group home care, adoption)
These are topics that we still engage young people in, as well as:
- Self, Relationships, and Surviving Child Welfare
- Getting Financial Support from “the System”
- Academic Trajectory Support
- Employment Support
- Sexuality and Sexual Health